Premier Christian Media: Our Mission
- To build a distinctively Christian radio station that is commercially successful and true to its mission statement;
- To nurture, encourage, equip and build up the faith of Christians;
- To make Christian values and beliefs accessible to non-church-goers;
- To encourage greater mutual understanding and co-operation between members of the different churches and denominations;
- To express the perspective of Christian belief in relation to current issues and events;
- To campaign for truth in areas of concern;
- Through Lifeline, provide help and advice to people who are suffering or need comfort whether they believe in God or not;
- To produce entertaining and informative programmes and to become recognised over the longer term as a centre of excellence for Christian media.
Who are we trying to reach? Who is our target audience?
- Premier aims to reach Christians across all denominations that are committed to their faith and belong to a church community;
- People who have lapsed from going to church regularly, for whatever reason, but who regard themselves as Christians;
- People, who believe in a God and are sympathetic to Christian values, but have no background of church going. They would be glad to find spiritual meaning because they sense there is more to life than material things.
Premier broadcasts 24 hours a day offering a wide and varied range of entertaining and informative programming based on the beliefs and values of the Christian faith. The major emphasis is on news, current concerns and lifestyle issues and there are also programmes that explain and commend Christian belief. Praise and worship songs and traditional, modern and classic hymns and music are mixed together to create a unique sound. In a practical way Premier also responds to its listening audience through Lifeline, its telephone helpline service.
Various strands make up Premier's distinct programme schedule including Christian music and personality programmes, presentations on Bible teaching, reflections, Christian perspective on the news and current events, and news of Christian events and initiatives.
Premier's partnership with CCP enables high quality journalistic input into programming, as well as combining resources and contributors.